Thursday 4 June 2015

Peachy Keens - Yardley

Samuel's 26th Birthday Meal!


Last year because Sam's friend were making organising a get together for his birthday almost impossible, this year we decided to cut out all the hassle and do the same thing. We meaning Sam, Myself, Jacy, Tony and Richie (Sam's Mum, Dad and Step dad) went to Peachy keens buffet restaurant in Yardely.


Me in my play suit from asda, a cardigan/shrug
and some ankle boots from Primark.
My make up, shiny green eye shadow,
green glimmer stick, bb cream,
and mascara, blush and a pale
pink lippy.



























Our meal was at 7pm I was totally bricking myself, My nerves we 100% getting the better of me. I was worrying about being late or to early, weather I was over dressed or under dressed and If I had forgotten anything. I drove there as it is only a 10 minute drive away. I left at quarter to 7. Sam was running a few minutes late as he was with Tony going to pick Jacy and Richie up.





I got to the restaurant about 10 minutes before everybody else just to calm my nerves a little. I told Sam I got there just before him because I didn't want to make it a big deal. When Sam got there he moaned at me for driving because he wanted me to have a little drink with him. This didn't help                                                 my nerves but I think I hid it well.


We walked in and was seated on the booth next to the one we was on last year. We ordered drinks Sam and Tony had a Guinness, Jacy had her usual a single brady in a tall glass filled to the top with water and lots of ice (every time there is always something wrong with it) I just had a coke and Richie had a lager. The waitress told us we could go up when ever we was ready.



I had Four plates of food in total:
Plate one: Masala fish, Vegetable samosa, vegetable spring roll, Chicken nugget, Vegetable pakora, Peri Peri chicken and Tandoori chicken.
Plate two: Beef in black bean sauce, Chinese chicken curry, Crispy duck, Peperoni pizza, Tandoori chicken and a Vegetable pakora.
Plate three: Lamb meatballs, Tandoori chicken, Masala fish, Spring roll, Samosa, Onion bhajee, Mint sauce.
Plate four: Panna Cotta, caramel brulee, mango cheese cake, strawberry jelly, strawberry moose, chocolate brownie and a few things I didn't know the name of.

















It was then time for cards and presents from Jacy and Richie. First was Tony a belated birthday card and Tshirt it was blue and had New york on it. Sam opened his card which had £30 in and a white Tshirt was his present which was a smart/ casual polo shirt.. Me and Sam had a stick of rock each from Jacy and Richie's trip to Burnham on sea. Jacy even got me a beautiful pink Tshirt which I am going to wear with some dungarees when I get them.

           


All of a sudden we heard the music change and a happy birthday song come on. A short brown haired girl walked around a corner holding a birthday cake with lit candles. At first she thought it was for me but then headed towards Sam. The song finished and Sam blew out the candles. His cake was a small minion cake which I will be tasting tomorrow haha.






















We all sat and talked for a good hour about memories and just laughing and Joking. I always make a big issue about going and seeing Sam's family as if I didn't get on with them. This isn't true I love each and everyone of them but my anxiety gets in the way all the time.



Normally I rave about the restaurant and how good the waitresses and waiters are but Peachy Keens just isn't like that. It has a pub like section, a small group section and a large group section. The Indian food is amazing but it falls short with the Chinese and italian section. Richie is a vegetarian and he enjoys the selection of veggie foods they have on offer. If I had to rate it out of 10, I would give it a solid 7/10 .

Have you ever been here? What did you enjoy?

Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment